CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Day 1 of cooking

For my cooking internship here in Siena, I’m required to spend three hours a week cooking with my host family- in addition to the course at school. Luckily, Benjamin, my host “dad,” if you will, really likes to cook. All of his food is delicious. Last night I got to help him cook one of his own recipes- so I thought I would share it with you. It probably takes 15-20 min. max. SO easy and way good!

I give it five stars.


Benjamin’s Gnochetti with Arugula and Shrimp

(serves about six people)


Ingredients:

Gnochetti (or any small pasta will work- mini penne… fusilli…etc)

1 shallot

200g (2 1/2 cups? I don’t know the conversion..) frozen mini shrimp

2 cups chopped arugula

½ cup white wine

1-2 tbsp parsely

  1. Start boiling the water for the pasta
  2. Dice the shallot and start to sauté in a skillet with olive oil- 3-5 min
  3. Add Frozen Shrimp and let simmer for a few minutes
  4. Add pasta to boiling water
  5. Pour ½ white wine into skillet- simmer for 2 min
  6. Add chopped arugula to skillet and let simmer for another 2-3 min
  7. Add about 2 teaspoons salt while shrimp is simmering (enough salt to taste)
  8. Add parsley to the skillet
  9. Drain the pasta when finished-combine into the skillet and add parmesan cheese


1 comments:

modell said...

That food looks fabulous! I'm so excited to try it out sometime. It was SO fun to talk to you today on skype! Hope you have a good day!